What Is Android Rooting?Rooting an Android Device Is Just Like a Jailbreaking an iPhone. Android rooting is the process which allows an smartphone user to attain privileged control (known as "root access") within Android's subsystem which is similiar to Linux.when we buy a new Android phone, we are just a guest user on the phone. at that time we would be using the phone just as a guest user in Windows, therefore you will not be able to make any changes to the system files because there are lot of files and systems that you cannot access because they are blocked by the manufacturer.
By rooting your Android device, you gain full control over your phone so that you can tweak your device the way you like.even By acquiring root you gain access to those files, which allows you to modify, replace and even delete the inside content of the phone. Though it’s a good news that Android is an open source OS, It hardly takes a few minutes to get rooted and there are countless methods to root your device. But before moving further I would like familiar you with some disadvantages of rooting, there are certain things you need to know before rooting. Now, these things you need to familiar yourself with:
Disadvantages Of Rooting an Android Phone:
- Backup Plan: It’s a safe option in case your rooting is not successful you can easily revert the changes you made by restoring your backup.so backup is essential step.
- Warranty: Some smartphone manufacturers won’t allow you to root your android device. They might void your warranty However, there’s going to be no damage to your device’s hardware. No need to worry about this issue because you also have ‘Unroot’ options available as well.
- Security: if you are using google wallet then beware your google wallet information may get vulnerable.
- BootLooping: at the time of rooting, there are some possibilities for your Android device to boot and reboot endlessly, so better follow instructions properly.
- Bricking: it basically refers to breaking your Android device. Although rooting is a safe process, yes there are some chances of brinking as well but don’t worry it’s a rare case.
Benefits of Rooting an Android Phone:
- Free Up Memory
- Run Special Applications
- Improve the Battery Life
- Gain access to Flash memory chip
- Device Speed Can be Increased Apps Will Run Faster
- Pre-Installed Apps Can be Removed
- Turn Your Android Into Wi-fi Hotspot
- Update to the Latest Operating System
Rooting is a simple Process which makes your Smartphone Experience much better,it gives you freedom to do whatever you want to.if you consider yourself a geek then its a great way to experiment with your android device.